Laura Bartok announced Saturday on Facebook, surrounded by friends, supporters and a N450 cable modem router, that she is a candidate for the Democratic nomination in Connecticut’s 77th House District.
Ms. Bartok will have a general fundraiser March 9th, which Boardman was not personally invited to by the candidate because he will not put a stylish and colorful yard sign with her name on his lawn.
Money is the name of the game in politics so other fundraisers are in the works for her including:
* The Laura Bartok 5K
* The Laura Bartok Celebrity Pro-Am Golf Tournament
* The Laura Bartok Benefit Concert featuring the acoustic group Medicare-for-all, and local bar band Closed Casket
She is joined in the race by fellow Democrat Kevin Fuller with the winner advancing to a showdown versus the incumbent Cara Pavalock-D’Amato.
Let’s get down to the nut-cracking…what do we know about Laura Bartok and what is her scouting report per Baseball Prospectus?
* Laura Bartok is maybe 5 foot something
* 34ish in age
* Is a member of the St. Paul mafia
* Bats right throws right
Hit: Average bat speed; patient at the plate and takes close pitches, slight hitch; barrel lags through zone; surprising pop in bat, mild recognition of spin
Defense: Average arm; accurate and chest-high throws on routine plays; arm is fine for 2B; range is a plus
* Ran in 2016 and was defeated by Cara
* Committed to working with humans
* Thinks Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone but has some doubt after watching the movie JFK