Boardman, throughout the election season, breaks down the city council races. Today District 1 is previewed.
Nestled in the northeast section of town is the northeast section of town. Because it lacks the distinctive characteristics of Chippens Hill, The West End and Federal Hill it goes largely ignored until it is not ignored.
There are four candidates vying for two seats in District 1. Consequently when the music stops not everyone will have a seat.
Anthony D’Amato (R)
Anthony “Tony” D’Amato seeks a second term on the city council.
What We Know About Anthony “Tony” D’Amato:
* Tony D’Amato is one third of Bristol’s political power couple.
* Tony D’Amato has a punctuation mark in his last name.
* During his first term on the city council Tony D’Amato sat at the little kids table.
* Tony D’Amato became interim mayor after his name was drawn from a hat.
* Like his spouse in the 2016 state election, Tony D’Amato’s image is everywhere and his signs are, in a word, huge, massive, gargantuan, mammoth, monstrous, towering and colossally big.
The Rockwell Skatepark kids think his bowties are dope.
Greg Hahn (D)
One syllable in his first name and one syllable in his last name; a linguist’s dream. Not since Jack Kemp has there been an easier politician’s name to remember.
What We Know About Greg Hahn:
* Greg Hahn lives in Bristol.
* Greg Hahn speaks English.
* Greg Hahn plays the trumpet.
* Greg Hahn wears black stylistic glasses on his face that are not Buddy Holly, cat eye or Sally Jesse Rafael style glasses. In fact, I don’t know what they are but he wears them and wears them well.
Debate Question for Greg Hahn:
What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
Answer: A trumpet player.
Eric Carlson (R)
“Eric Carlson” is apparently a candidate for city council.
What We Know About “Eric Carlson”
His political signs are scarce, his press clippings are on the endangered species list and an Amber Alert was issued for his candidacy.
Other Valuable Information About “Eric Carlson” For the Voter:
Josh Medeiros (D)
Josh Medeiros is a first-time candidate for public office. He was recreation coordinator and aquatics – blah, blah, blah.
What We Know About Josh Medeiros:
A Google search for the name “Josh Medeiros” shows he resides in Nebraska, Massachusetts, Kansas, and London, England.
According to IMDb Josh Medeiros is best known for his part in Detour to Hell.
He later appeared in Bigfoot and Other Adventures
Josh Medeiros is also the General Manager of Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar, Engineer for the Town of Dartmouth, President of Massachusetts-Vet-a-Dog, and an Assistant Coach for the Mt. Hope Huskies Boys Hockey Team, which won a DIII State Championship in 2016 even though he knows nothing about hockey.
The election is Tuesday November 7, 2017. Stay semi-informed with Alan Boardman’s semi-comprehensive and semi-accurate election coverage.
I have no idea how this sentence got here.